Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflections










It's New Year's Day ~ 2010. I'm sitting on a sunny balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The sound of the waves as they complete their journey to the shore is music to my ears.
I love watching the Pelicans and Seagulls soaring, swooping and diving. As I watch their aerial acrobatics I wonder what it would be like to fly free as they do. The palm trees sway in the cool breeze and the sun dances on the water, shimmering like millions of tiny diamonds. This picturesque scene reminds me of the countless days in my youth when I would walk the beach for hours, so at home in the sun, the surf and the sand.

I guess I never realized how much I missed these elements, the sights and sounds until I was able to experience it once again here today. The vast expanse of the water and sky before me serve as a reminder of how incredibly beautiful our planet is, how wonderful life is, and how much there is to be grateful for.

It's so easy here to forget about daily worries, perceived problems and about all the chaos and violence that brings shadows of darkness to our world. It's so easy here to be lulled into a state of peace and serenity. As I write and take this time to reflect, I wish peace, health, joy and prosperity to all who may read this entry.

Please remember that peace and serenity is available to everyone, even without the beach and the water. It is within each and every one of us and all we need do to enjoy it is connect within, to our own heart center.
Only Believe,
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Linda - oh it sounds beautiful there! I will have to say that I love being near water for the soothing it always brings to me.

    Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete