What is abundance to you? We speak and hear of it often in these days of enlightenment and spiritual questing. The Webster dictionary defines it as “a fullness or plenteousness great to overflowing; ample sufficiency. Unfortunately, the word abundance, is most often associated with monetary measurement as in how much money is in your bank account or how many toys you accumulate. Socially, it is judged by how well you are regarded in “certain” circles, or how many groups and committees you are involved with. I choose to believe there is so much more to it.
Abundance holds as many different definitions as there are individuals. Of course as individuals we all have our own perceptions and so I can only speak for myself. Only my heart and soul know what abundance is to me and it is most evident when I'm in nature, amongst friends and sharing with loved ones. This is my reality and I lovingly choose to share it with you.
• A rainbow arcing across the sky after a thunderstorm.
• An eagle soaring on high, free and unrestrained.
• The sun sparkling on the water transforming it into a sea of diamonds.
• Fog hovering over a lake in the early morning.
• Holding a tiny bird as it feeds from my hand.
• The contented purr of my cat as I stroke her head.
• The magical call of a loon echoing across the lake at sunset.
• Wishing on a shooting star as it streaks across the night sky.
• Being moved to tears by a beautiful piece of music.
• The howl of a wolf in the distance.
• The feel of my hair being blown by the wind.
• A full moon lighting the way on a winter’s night.
• A walk on a quiet beach with the one I love.
• The warm embrace that awaits me at the end of a long day.
• Appreciating the time spent with friends.
• Breathing in the scents of the seashore.
• Marveling at raindrops clinging to flowers after a summer shower.
• Paddling my kayak on a crystal clear lake.
• Being filled with awe by a star filled sky.
• Following my bliss.
Sunset on Manitoulin Island
In this hectic world people sometimes forget the abundance in their lives. Take time everyday and enjoy the simple pleasures of just being alive on this beautiful planet.