Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

One More Day


One more day in paradise and then its back to the snowy cold of Ontario. Even when its cold (relatively speaking) here in Panama City Beach, Fl. I can still gaze out over the vastness of the beach and gulf; and enjoy the radiance of the sun on my face. The gentle sound of the waves in the background is so......relaxing. The rhythm of the water's ebb and flow lulls me into a meditative, drowsy state as I become more and more at ease.

My life and your life can always be this way - quiet, calm and at ease if we allow it to be. There's no reason to buy into the hustle and bustle that consumes our world. Everyone has the choice to be at peace within themselves, regardless of what goes on 'out there'. We all have the ability to choose serenity and peace of mind...it is indeed, natural.

I know that even after I return home to my regular routine that I can hold onto the peace that I have enjoyed while on vacation. I can hold onto the vision of the tranquil scene that I'm enjoying as I write this. I can visualize it anytime I choose and re-create it in my mind. But with or without a vacation or the memory of a scene like the one described; each of us can be at peace. What choice would you prefer - unease, tension, stress or peace and serenity?




1 comment:

  1. Linda - this post was perfect to see as part of what you describe is part of my ideal day as I continue to work towards fulfilling my life purpose!

    I am making a diligent effort in 2010 to be more at ease, peaceful and serene. I have a ways to go but even baby steps are steps!

    ReplyDelete