Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Compassion

For as long as I can remember people have been drawn to tell me their stories; their sorrows and their dreams.

I wonder if the ability to be compassionate for another is the innate response of a kinesthetic being or if compassion can be taught. When one cares so deeply and hates to see anyone in pain, be it mental or physical it sometimes becomes difficult to separate oneself. However, if my ability to ‘listen’ in any way eases the pain of another’s heart then I will have served humanity in some small way. If a lonely soul can have a friendly shoulder when life seems overwhelming then I will give that shoulder willingl and gladly.

If compassion can be taught, then let us teach others so we may extinguish cruelty, mistrust and anger. If we are all ‘one’ then we must treat each other as we wish to be treated, with love, honesty and integrity. As Dr. Guy Riekeman (Chiropractor) once shared; " the problem is not that you don't know what to do, its just doing IT!












No comments:

Post a Comment